All You Need to Know About Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists enjoy a unique type of freedom on the road. They can pass through small spaces and enter narrow streets. At the same time, motorcycles are considered one of the most dangerous vehicles on the road. Why, you ask? Without the steel “cage” that regular passenger motor vehicles provide, riders are vulnerable to outside forces, whether it’s other vehicles or the environment at large. The possibilities are many.
However, understanding how and why motorcycle accidents happen can help you avoid any unpredicted tragedy. Also, many people are often unaware of the importance and services of motorcycle accident lawyers.
Motorcyclist’s Problems and Risks on the Road
An accident may occur due to the fault of the bike rider. However, the risks are sometimes not related with the bike rider. Here are some common problems and risks that motorcyclists face on the road:
Road Hazards -These include potholes, broken road, uneven pavements, screws, debris, spilled oil, puddles, railroad tracks, and other such objects.
Visual Restriction -When riders don’t have clear vision of the road, they are more susceptible to hazards. The motorcyclist should always use back view mirrors and proper headlights to expand their visibility.
Speeding -It is the fault of motorcyclist when they do not control the speed of their vehicle according to the recommended speed limit. However, it is not the fault of the bike rider if they are hit by a speeding vehicle.
Lack of Knowledge of Traffic Laws -Traffic laws are there to protect us all, riders included. As long as you know and obey all traffic laws, your chances of being in a crash will be significantly reduced.
Amateur Riding Skills -You need to understand the mechanics of your motorcycle as well the do’s and don’ts of riding in traffic. Even a longtime rider may crash if they don’t keep their skills and knowledge fresh.
What Do Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Do?
Motorcycle accident lawyers offer a number of services including these:
- Preparing your documents for out-of-court settlement
- Helping you to negotiate a full and fair out-of-court settlement
- Helping you evaluate the defaulter in an accident
- Preparing your essential documents for the court
- Guiding your interactions with the police and media
- Negotiating with your insurance company
What You Should Do Now?
Many motorcycle riders are lucky to have never been in an accident. However, an accident is by nature unpredictable and you need to prepare for it beforehand:
- Keep your bike in tip top shape by performing regular checkups and maintenance.
- Get a booklet about motorcyclist rights from your nearest regional transportation center and understand your rights.
- Learn about the essential traffic instructions and laws.
- Get in touch with a law firm that provides the services of motorcycle accident lawyers.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash, please contact Wilshire Law Firm. Our team of professional motorcycle accident lawyers will give you a full understanding of your rights and best legal options, and fight to help you obtain a full recovery of your losses.